Thursday 14 February 2013

Butterflies exploding box

I know I said i would write here every day, but to be honest I've not been feeling very creative. I really need to perfect my photo taking skills too. So, I've taken photos of a couple of new boxes I've been working on to share.


This is one of my new butterfly exploding boxes. I used pink card to create the 3 layers of the box. I used a pretty pink rose and bird page from Tildas Flower Garden matted onto gold mirri card to each of the front faces of the box. For the reverse (that you can't actually see here) I used a contrasting green and pink stripe from the same pad.

To finish the inside of the box it off I added a couple of butterflies that were cut out using my Silhoutte machine. The base layer of the butterfly is pink paper and the top layer is vellum. Two pink pearls finish them off. I used acetate to connect the butterflies to the box. This gives them movement as well as a 3D effect. I used pink mulberry roses to fill in the middle, and also to hide the slits that I made to anchor the acetate to the box.

The lid of the box is made from the same pink card. I used panels of the green and pink stripes on the outer sides and top. I will post those later on, when I can work out how to remove the photos that have filled up the memory in my camera! I haven't added a sentiment as yet. This means it can be used for several different occasions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment